Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's Great To Be In Atlanta

It's Great To Be In Atlanta...
because my favorite Saucer Magnolia trees are blooming fully, forsythia too is in full bloom, but BEST OF ALL, I'm here with our kids and grandkids...they're all such an encouragement to me and just plain fun to be with. We've done the typical fun stuff you do with 8 and 11 year olds, baseball practice, quiz bowls, movies, a stop at Chick-Fil-A for milkshakes. Last night was pizza with their small group and Kent leading...it's good to be in the Word with them and see how God leads their lives. SUPER BONUS was getting to read Kent's new book; he's done a great job, I had about 120 pages left to read yesterday and had planned to do it in installments during the day but I was so hooked I stayed in my PJs after everyone was gone to school and work til I finished ...way past lunch time.
In a few days I'll meet my honey in Dallas as we head to CA for a week to see those kids in a drama presentation they've been working on for months. As far as we know, Sue's not had any adverse reaction to the PICC line and meds it contains. We're praying for the meds to really kick in even sooner than is expected and that she will benefit greatly.
Reading today in Joshua I was really set to thinking as I saw Joshua commanded to be strong and very courageous...carefully follow all of the Lord's Word, so that he WOULD BE successful and the Lord WOULD BE with Him. It's repeated to him multiple times in the 1st chapter of Joshua. I then thought of what Joshua's task was and taking that grumbling bunch of Israelites into the Promised Land seemed somehow a much bigger task than my 'to do lists' that send me into such a frenzy so many days of my life. THEN I realized God's instructions are the same for me as they were for Joshua...'look at Me and what I've shown you in my Word and trust Me' , not your list, not yourself but look to Me. A good reminder that I need often.
It's good to be with you all as you read our news,
M.

No comments: