Sunday, January 14, 2007

HERE'S A PICTURE OF MY LAST NIGHT IN CA

Three excited teens and one reasonably excited parent, 6 queen sized bedsheets, flashlights, one ten foot bamboo pool 4 in. in diameter, several large blankets and table cloths, squeals and groans, forty icy fingers and toes because of an outside temperature of 34 degrees, and a smudge pot ready to be lit for the dewpoint (coldest) hours of 4am-7am the next day..

So, what were those wild Ostbys up to..I should mention there were 2 saner ones..Sue and I who remained inside watching through the windows.

They were trying to protect two 25 foot tall orange trees loaded with fruit from the coldest weather Arroyo Grande had seen in 30 years.

It took awhile but they got the job done. The last look I had at 5am Saturday morning enroute to the airport, the trees looked good.

It's been a good week here in CA being with everyone and planting a few more roots of my own with the town and its people, some friends from many years ago, some newly discovered friends, all valued.

Unfortunately, Sue's insurance is digging in its heels about paying for the pic line with the antibiotic that her Lymes physician has prescribed. So at this point she's back on another medication while we appeal the process and investigate some other options we've heard of.

I'll leave you with a verse from Psalm 17 that I love; "keep me as the apple of Your eye, Hide me in the shadow of Thy wings." What a precious and absolutely safe place to be in 2007.

M.

No comments: