Sunday, January 21, 2007

THE JOY OF CHOOSING

I have a (reasonably) new cell phone and each name programmed in has the option of holding three numbers: cell, home and business, in that order. When I make a call it automaticall defaults to the cell number unless I make the choice to change it, which I usually do because I am most often calling someone at home.
How like life that is. I can wake up some/many mornings with a heaviness of what the day holds..or might hold..for me or for someone I treasure and default to gloom or anxiety or both.
Then, as with my cell phone, I have a choice. My glass can be half full or half empty. I can choose to trust God for the day or trust circumstances and live in a state of anxiety for the day.
Do you realize what a blessing it is to just be able to choose; we truly are fearfully and wonderfully made as scripture tells us.
Now, an update on Sue.
As I mentioned previously, insurance has denied paying for the drug to treat Lymes prescribed by Sue's physician. We're still working on an appeal to the drug company that produces the drug needed to defray the cost of it for her treatment and to the insurance company to reconsider their denial of payment for the drug treatment.
Please pray with us for God's intervention.
Maxine

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Max! Well, I FINALLY made it to your blog. It's great to read your thoughts again!!! I especially enjoyed this one on making a point of making a choice each morning... Maybe you could do an entry on a tropical island or somethin'?? :)
Love you, Sue (hmmmm, which one?)