Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PRAYER

AND AT THIS TIME, that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. (Luke 6:12) and the next day he chose his 12 disciples.

At a College Retreat where Gene and I were sponsors I asked, our speaker, a dear godly man who was a Prof at Multonmah College what was one of the most important aspects of his preparation. His answer "every day the week before this conference I read and prayed on my knees through the Scripture I'm preaching on this week."

In a conversation with Peter Jesus tells him "Peter, Peter, satan has desired to sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you.."

How important is prayer in my life. Do I pray or do I consult my "to do list" before I start my day, when know someone is struggling do I pray before I speak to them.

And best of all, from Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, Thou wilt hear my voice, In the morning I will order my prayer to Thee AND EAGERLY WATCH.

Wouldn't it be great to go through the day eagerly watching for God's hand in my life instead of wondering/worrying about it!


Blessings, Maxine