Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Life Is Good!

Good Morning from California

I'm at Dana and Sue's looking out at orange trees loaded with fruit...doesn't that sound like CA?

But first, let me tell you about Atlanta. It was so worth taking the extra two days enroute to CA just to see those four Atlanta Ostbys and then to see the Christmas Program. Logan was great as part of the supporting cast, had all the choreography down pat, knew and sang every word of all the songs; I was proud of him. And Jordan stole the show, I didn't know how much 'ham' and stage presence she had but she was great.

My trip to CA was not without incident; I had a very helpful but not too knowledgeable AA counter agent who decided I wasn't going to make my original flights so rebooked me later. I did make the original flights but had to 'renegotiate' at each of 3 stops. I think God smiled and said 'you may have used a higher priority to fly but you didn't count on the counter agent YET I did and here you are'.

I heard an interesting radio commercial this morning on the way back from my walk on the beach. It was for a GPS sytem and one of the benefits was a guy saying 'wow, that means I won't have to deal with my road rage any longer because I'll never get lost again'. Funny isn't it, how we can easily shift responsibility for our actions; it wasn't sin, it's 'because I didn't have a GPS system!'

Good news today, Sue was set for spinal tap and Dana found that with flying to CO tomorrow they needed to postpone so it will happen next Tuesday instead. Sue's packed and ready to go so maybe today will be Christmas Tree day instead.

Life is busy here, as for all of you at this time. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in CA but thanks to family and friends and bringing a few Christmas projects with me I'm still sane and calm (most of the time) and enjoying family time away from home yet looking forward to Christmas at home too, especially with my honey.

M.




1 comment:

Oz said...

The amazing part is being sane after 50 years living with Dad.