Wednesday, December 13, 2006

PERSPECTIVE

Thanks for praying for Sue yesterday, she's doing well even though the first 24 hrs aren't up yet we're trusting she'll be fine. Had a great doctor (the technician said we had the 'best of the best') and the whole experience was positive but made a long day for Sue and I.

An extra blessing at the hospital: we were in a 4 bed ward for outpatient surgery...quite close quarters when all four beds were in use and not as much privacy as preferred..conversations could be overheard etc. Anyway, I noticed a lady about my age (probably younger as I don't think of how old I am very often) had come in alone; a friend had dropped her off and was going shopping and then going to pick her up after her procedure. So she had no one to sit with her either before or after. Just as they were ready to wheel her out to OR I walked over and said a few words to her and ended with God Bless You while you're in there. (For those of you who know me, definitely out of my comfort zone.) She returned sometime I believe before or after Sue's LP but we had no further contact; she was being cared for post op etc. I did hear her tell the nurse how surprised she was at how well she felt.

When her friend came to pick her up she walked over to me and said good bye and with a smile said ' thank you, I feel good, it was the blessing that did it' to which I replied, 'yes, when God blesses, He does it well. That's why my title of Perspective. I was so grateful to see God lifted up in that Outpatient Room; it made me realize with all the 'stuff' I'm thinking and praying about these days HE IS!

No comments: